A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Perform standard Quality Control procedures including but not limited to the timely and correct testing of products through the use of multiple platforms including but not limited to: Multiplex, ELISA, RIA and Cell Signaling, data processing and analysis in compliance with ISO 9001 and cGMP regulations to support product release.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following are the primary responsibilities (other duties may be assigned as required):
- Ability to successfully test and analyze ALL reagents from every platform including but not limited to: Multiplex, ELISA, RIA, and Cell Signaling kit reagents (involves calculations, measurements, immunological techniques)
- Ensures the timely completion of work by working with the team and independently
- Ability to multitask is a must, work on multiple product lines within the same day independently
- Ability to independently analyze and summarize to present to supervisor/team lead/management
- Read and follow SOP’s and protocols
- Highly organized individual able to maintain Quality records and data from the multiple products assigned to test independently
- Accurate and precise pipetting
- Ensures individual training remains up to date
- May Assist Supervisor and Team Lead in training Peers
- Assists in ensuring equipment / instrumentation is in proper working order, and that appropriate training and documentation is up to date
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to assist in representing Quality in cross-functional applications
- Properly escalates risks with respect to people, products, process
- A solid understanding of immunoassay principals with working knowledge of Quality systems.
- A solid understanding of laboratory procedures
- Ability to review and write new reports/MMP’s/SOP’s that conform to GMP guidelines
- Properly records material and product movement within the ERP system and QC database
- Identify process improvements
- A solid technical understanding of our unique product lines and the voice of the customer
- Ability to assist in solving practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information is available
- Results-Oriented Innovative
- Efficient Engaged
- Technical Skills and Knowledge Customer-focused
- Initiative Flexibility
- Attention to detail Works well with others
- Consistency and Reliability
- Cross-functional skills Ability to Multitask
- Promote and comply with all Quality System requirements.
- Promote and comply with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The employee may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee may be exposed to unknown biological agents.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may be exposed to cold temperatures.
- The employee may be exposed to a risk of low-level radiation.
The employee must successfully complete the company’s safety program prior to working in the laboratory which includes:
- Radiation Protection Training Program.
- Chemical safety program
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science-required. Bachelors in Biochemistry or Biology preferred
- 2+ years of experience within a life science manufacturing environment, with scientific knowledge of immunological based biomolecular assays.
- 1 + years in protein chemistry and formulations.
- 1 + years performing statistical analysis and interpretation of data.
- Lean Six Sigma familiarity and ability to identify process improvements.
- Prior experience in a Quality role preferred
- Experience working with ISO 9001 and cGMP regulations, completing the appropriate documentation-Highly Preferred.
- Experience with MS Word and Excel-Highly Preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally (infrequently) lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.