A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
EMD Serono is looking for an energetic Salesforce.com (SFDC) developer to fill the IT Solutions Expert role within the Health Care Sector. You’ll have an opportunity to implement new and exciting technologies and have a chance to make an impact to both EMD Serono and to the patients that we serve.
This role’s primary focus will be supporting and enhancing the Global Salesforce Service Cloud application and the connected eco-system of 3rd party applications and data integration points. This role will directly interact with the Patient Services organization from around the globe with the primary customer being the US Patient Support Programs.
- Develop technical solutions aligned with business objectives
- Participate in technical design sessions
- Follow internal IT and Quality Assurance guidelines for proper documentation ensuring all project documentation is captured in an efficient, collaborative manner leveraging the correct tools (e.g. JIRA, Microsoft Teams, Planner, and HP ALM) and processes
- Identify gaps between current and desired end states
- Collaborate with internal business and IT stakeholders to define requirements, deliverables, and set and manage expectations
- Translate business requirements into well architected solutions that best leverage the SFDC platform
- Follow defined coding standards and participate in code reviews during projects to ensure quality and appropriate design patterns are followed
- Lead the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of Salesforce efforts for an initiative
- Effectively work with both technical and non-technical resources and communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
- Work within a team of internal and external Salesforce developers, architects, project managers to deliver innovative solutions to our Patient Support functions
- Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 15% of time
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar technical degree
- 3+ years of work experience in a highly regulated environment
- 3+ years of experience in working in qualified (IT) and validated (Business) environments
- 4+ years of experience in salesforce development skills including;
- Master’s degree preferred
- Solid understanding of the Salesforce Roadmap, particularly Sales, Service & Community Clouds
- Knowledge of Salesforce object model in conjunction with SOQL and SOSL
- Experience with Java/J2EE and Mobile platform development a plus
- Certified Platform Developer I preferred
- Certified Platform Developer II a plus
- Familiarity with platform authentication (SAML, SSO, OAuth)
- Understanding of architecture and ability to design scalable performance-driven solutions
- Understanding of Apex Development Patterns, Test Driven Development & Best Practices
- Understanding of sharing and visibility considerations and how these play into platform architecture
- Understanding of 3rd party document automation tools preferred (zPaper)
- Experience integrating SFDC with different business systems preferred including Dell Boomi and Informatica Power center
- Customer service orientation
- Superior analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills to various level of Business and IS Management
- Highly organized and high-level thinker
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.