A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: During your master thesis within Actives and Formulation R&D, you will prepare and characterize spray-dried protein formulations. Your tasks will include spray-drieing of protein solutions, development of DoE approaches, dedicated protein analytics (like e.g. dynamic light scattering or enzyme activity tests) and further analytical characterization like NanoDSF as well as a short term stability assay. Furthermore, you will analyze and interpret as well as present your results in front of a German as well as English speaking interdisciplinary audience.
Who you are:
- Currently part of a Master program in the field of Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Pharmaceutical Technology or similar
- Experience in handling proteins
- Experience with enzyme activity assays
- Theoretical and/or practical knowledge of spray-drying
- Work well independently and in a team
- Able to work without close supervision
- Creative and curious personality
- Fluency in German and English
Desired start date: July 2019
Duration: Six Month
What we offer: In our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!