A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: To perform routine and non-routine chemical manufacture, following established protocols and procedures; to accurately prepare complete and legible records; to provide lab support and to maintain equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review protocol and set-up manufacturing runs according to priority level.
- Following established protocol, perform procedures independently, accurately and in the safest possible manner.
- Prepare written procedures as needed.
- Ensure that lab supplies are adequately stocked.
- Maintain and clean equipment, document and notify appropriate parties if calibration is required.
- Produce written documentation of procedures as directed by supervisor.
- Notify supervisor of any deviation from current procedure.
- Utilize system of quality documents for recording maintenance, calibration and usage of equipment and instruments as directed by supervisor.
- Properly label chemicals and reagents with all needed quality documentation.
- Complete required quality training successfully.
- Write and review quality procedures drafts as directed by supervisor.
- Accurately record quality observations to aid in quality improvement.
- Appropriately discard waste and clean area after completion of assay.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment. The employee may be required to lift more poundage with assistance.
Employee is required to sit, stand, hear, and use hands to operate all office equipment.
Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time.
Vision requirements are close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Who You Are
- BA/BS in the field of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or equivalent relevant experience
- 1+ yrs of experience previous lab experience with a strong background in chemical production.
- Knowledge in chemistry, math and general science.
- Familiar with laboratory instruments.
- Safe chemical handling methods.
- Communication skills, oral and written.
- Computer skills.
- Mechanical skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Laboratory skills.
- Sources of technical information
- Knowledge of quality management systems including ISO 9000.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
General Office Environment: Noise level in office environment is generally quiet.
Lab Environment: Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.