A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
To strengthen our department “Analytical Development” (AD) within Chemical & Pharmaceutical Development, we are looking for a curious Pharmacist or analytical Chemist (PhD) for scouting and driving implementation of novel analytical technologies within AD.
As principal scientist you will drive the analytical implementation of process analytical technologies (PAT). You will be responsible for the implementation of inline / online methods and their validation according to FDA / EMA guidelines. In this function you will be working closely with other departments within Chemical and Pharmaceutical Development, such as the process units as well as the CMC regulatory experts.
Furthermore, you will scout for and assess novel analytical technologies. For proving their effectiveness, you will lead feasibility studies (prior to final evaluation) and support the implementation process within our department. You will align your activities with the respective overarching Chemical-Manufacturing-Control (CMC) related activities and you will build and maintain a strong network in Merck’s internal and external analytical scientific community.
Who you are:
- Pharmacist, Chemist or equivalent by training, profound scientific understanding (preferred Doctorate in pharmaceutical sciences, analytical chemistry or comparable area)
- Curious and open minded
- Part of an analytical scientific network
- Minimum 3 years pharma / life science industry experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Process Analytical Technologies: inline /online analytical methods, chemometrics and / or multivariate statistical analysis
- In depth knowledge of relevant analytical technologies for drug substance and drug product characterization
- Knowledge of the drug development process and pharmaceutical regulations
- Strong communication, project management and presentation skills
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com