A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The Director, Corporate Accounts, Channel Management is responsible for channel accounts, including full line wholesale, specialty distribution, specialty pharmacy, retail pharmacy, group purchasing organization, third-party logistics, and patient/provider support hub businesses. Account management for these accounts will support EMDS objectives for maximum patient access, optimum patient experience, cost effective services and customer confidence in product integrity. This role is uniquely positioned to capitalize on the vertically-integrated nature of the channel accounts, to leverage the full scope of the EMDS business relationship and opportunities for business development innovation. This role requires the ability to build constructive business relationships with, and effectively communicate, collaborate, motivate and influence both external and internal customers/partners. Responsible for developing customer specific strategic account plans in collaboration with key internal cross-functional stakeholders, and implement this approved individualized plan of action for business optimization and success. This position will require innovation, creativity and attention to detail. This is a highly visible and entrepreneurial position requiring a great degree of collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Who you are:
- 8-10+ Years US Bio-Pharmaceutical/Health Care sales and managed care account management and management experience including:
- 4+ Years direct experience in account management for Channel Accounts with demonstration of outstanding results and/or;
- Executive and business-to-business selling experience
- Experience negotiating large direct purchase contracts with demonstration of successful results
- Experience in niche market and hyper-competitive environments
- Experience in highly complex sales/distribution/reimbursement channels
- Experience working successfully within a highly matrixed organization
- Specialty pharmacy channel experience
- At least one of the following is required: knowledge of Neurology, Oncology, and / or Fertility products, business and clinical environment
- 2+ Years direct institutional sales management experience (ABD/RBD) with demonstration of successful results, including demonstration of exemplary managed care field leadership and pull-through results, formulary development leadership and prior contracting experience
- 2+ Years’ experience in specialty pharmacy manufacturer marketplace
- 2+ Years experience in biotechnology/injectables market
- 4 years experience of Account Management with either Specialty Pharmacy, GPO, Specialty Distribution, Wholesale or large national accounts.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.