A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
On your assigned indications, to develop a well-founded understanding of the target patient segment and Relative Effectiveness Analysis (REA)/Health Technology Assessment (HTA) evidentiary requirements. As core GPT member define and oversee execution of cross-functional, cross-national Value Demonstration Strategies for HTA/REA in alignment with Franchise Strategies (Marketing / Pricing).
Lead/chair project/product-related cross-functional, international Value Strategy Teams (VaSTs). Ensure the integration of REA/HTA considerations into Target Product Value Profiles, Integrated Development Plans and other R&D Strategy documents, Clinical Trial Protocols, CRFs, SAPs and Clinical Study Reports. Guide and educate the Global Project (sub)-teams to prepare and meet the EMD Serono REA/HTA decision criteria per DP (inclusive of risk analyses, strategic development options and contingency plans).
Generate additional evidence alongside product development to translate clinical surrogates into quantified differential patient value and relevant market access endpoints. Lead and drive any related studies and analyses (resource utilization-, cost of care- and cross-sectional studies; real world patient chart-, registry- and database analyses; QoL analyses; meta-, mixed treatment- and network-analyses; indirect comparisons; parametric modeling, epidemiological analyses, etc.).
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in medical or science with 10 plus years of experience, or master’s degree in Health Economics, Public Health, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, or relevant degree with 5 plus years or PhD with 3 plus years of experience
- Five plus years of practical experience with Value Based Health Care Decision Making / Access, ideally in pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- A strong background combined with hands-on experience in consulting, managed markets, health insurance, payer authority or payer research institute will be considered
- Powerful conceptual, methodological and analytical skills. Comprehensive mastery of methodologies, as well as the ability to apply such knowledge in a concrete business context to support patient therapy access.
- Project management skills as well as certain management competencies are of importance in this role. These include organized and structured work habits, as well as the ability to use internal and outsourcing resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to define problems and seek alternate solutions based on solid business and scientific judgement. Aptitude in setting priorities, making decisions and identifying and mitigating risk is of necessity, along with a high standard of ethical and intellectual integrity
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
- Experience in collaborative efforts with external institutions and service providers
- Oncology experience preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.