A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position will be responsible for leading the technical team that will develop innovative cell culture products and enabling tools/processes for cell culture medium development. The successful candidate will need to be innovative and able to inspire creativity with their team. Knowledge of small and bioreactor-scale continuous and fed-batch biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes is critical. Responsibilities include:
- Works with team to scope projects with clearly defined goals and timelines.
- Help define SMART goals for direct reports that define specific deliverables for major projects as well as enable professional growth and career development opportunities for direct reports.
- Direct daily, weekly, monthly activities (as needed) of direct reports.
- Guide junior scientists in the design, execution and interpretation of scientific experiments.
- Maintains an active role in sales and marketing support.
- Guide and develop individual relationships with direct reports and foster relationships within and between project teams to build respect and trust.
- Independent time management and project prioritization in line with team goals and objectives.
- Capable of leading multiple projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Guide project plans and experimental designs provided by direct reports, offering clear explanations for any suggested modifications.
- Provide oral presentations to internal and external audiences (group meetings, customer presentations, scientific conferences).
- Drives intellectual property opportunites, generating invention disclosures and drafts for patent applications to protect new products and ideas.
- Proatively seeks out new information and opportunities to advance group technologies, products and services.
- Understanding MilliporeSigma Systems, Policies and Procedure
- Demonstrates working knowledge of internal systems related to Project Management (Design Control), Legal Processes, Procurement, etc.
- Performs work according to company guidelines for safety and regulatory compliance.
- Assist in the transfer of products from R&D to manufacturing and QC.
- Leads team to maintain support functions of the lab (cleaning, equipment maintenance, reagent prep, etc.).
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in biological sciences, chemical or biochemical engineering, or closely related sciences, with 6+ years of relevant experience in industry or academia or B.S./M.S. degree in life sciences with 8+ years in the biopharmaceutical or similar industry with emphasis in biomanufacturing process development. Includes at least 2 years supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Mammalian cell/tissue culture techniques including thawing, subculturing, and freezing.
- Experience with large-scale mammalian production and/or hands-on experience in operating bioreactors.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture media development is a plus.
- Competent with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Good understanding of biochemistry, organic chemistry, and cellular metabolism.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with mammalian cell line development.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.