A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position fills the need to perform warehousing operations. Multiple functions include dock operations, receiving, inspection, storage, tracking of inventory, pulling and locating material. It also provides for safe transport of chemicals, supplies, and equipment while ensuring compliance with all regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Retrieve material and prepare for shipment
- Receive and locate product in the warehouse (Weigh-ups)
- Perform the receiving and systems-load functions (Purchased products)
- Consolidate product and perform location maintenance
- Cycle counts, location and product audits
- Perform problem resolution for missing material
High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year experienc of general warehouse experience
- Operation of powered material handling equipment
- Inventory tracking via RFHS scanner operation utilizing FGTS, SAP, I, QCSS, PKRQ and RMIN systems
- A working knowledge of warehouse flow and location logic
- Packaging, segregation, labeling, and manifesting of material for transport.
- Proper lifting techniques
- Chemical spill procedures, HAZMAT, MSDS, product class info, DOT regulations
- Safe, smooth operation of a wide range of material handling equipment
- Basic math skills for minor addition, subtraction and multiplication
- P.C. keyboard operation and RFHS for data entry using computers and scanning devices
- Effective communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.