A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join our company as Senior Human Factors Engineer Medical Device (all genders) in the Human Factors Engineering team in Device Quality Management Department under Merck Biopharma Quality (MBQ). You will lead user interface development of medical devices, combination products and software/apps, incl. SaMDs and human factors evaluation activities.
You will have opportunities to work in multidisciplinary and international teams, across multiple projects, where human factors engineering is a key element for success. In this role you will act as a key advocate for User Centered design principles and provide expert input to the development teams. You are setting up the Human Factors strategy, plan the activities according to the project planning, and manage the external partners supporting the UI development and HF evaluations.
Who you are:
- You have MSc in engineering, ergonomics, psychology, human factors, usability, user interface design, industrial design or related discipline.
- You have 5+ years of experience in developing and documenting Human Factors activities for medical devices as required by regulation.
- You have 5+ years of experience in managing user studies (performed by vendors or self-managed).
- You have good understanding of the risk management activities.
- You have excellent skills in English (verbal and written). Other language skills, e.g. French, German are advantageous.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com