A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position provides ongoing engineering support to the Norwood Management & Operations team. The individual in this position will proactively plan for and execute all the assigned managers’ engineering needs, providing the highest quality of engineering and project management support for the team with the utmost professionalism and highest customer service, engagement and confidentiality, thereby becoming a trusted member of the function as well as the broader organization.
- Process Controls and Automation.
- Troubleshooting Manufacturing Equipment Control Systems.
- Working with Mechanical and Technical teams to improve semi-automated processes.
- Managing multiple projects, especially timelines and budgets.
- Knowledge of iFix, Wonderware, FactoryTalk, Logix5000 a plus.
- Strong interest in organic solvents, distillation, solutions and purification processes.
Who you are:
Working with interdisciplinary teams made up of internal and external members, in order, to make improvements in Manufacturing, Quality and Maintenance are essential in the role. Communicating effectively in different styles to all levels of the company, and making sure safety is a key component to your job will help you succeed.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 1+ years of experience in manufacturing
- Worked or desire to work in a manufacturing setting.
- Automation controls experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and AutoCAD, MS Project and Minitab a plus.
- 6S, Lean & Six Sigma experience a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.