A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono the Pharmacometrics Department, part of Translational Medicine/Quantitative Pharmacology, contributes to clinical development efficiency by providing core expertise modeling in the quantification of the relationship between dose, exposure and response, and factors affecting its variability.
- Elaborate, design, execute and report pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD)
- Utilize modeling and simulation analysis to support model informed drug development discovery.
- Collaborate with pharmacology, clinical team and biostatistics teams.
- Keep up-to-date with scientific development in PK/PD and share one’s own expertise with pharmacometrics colleagues.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of experience or Master’s degree
- Experience with modeling and simulation software such as NONMEM, R or SAS
- A PhD, MD, PharmD or Master’s degree with a minimum of 2 plus year’s experience in PK/PD modeling, with experience in (Bio)Pharmaceutical Industry is strongly desired
- Experience with at least one the following software, XPose, PsN, MONOLIX, SIMULX, SIMCYP, MATLAB or similar pharmacometrics modeling and simulation software is a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical results and details effectively with scientists and clinicians.
- Experience working in a dynamic matrixed organization.
- Ability to be a team player and work cross functionally.
- Fluency in speaking and writing English; fluency in other languages is an asset.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.