A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Specialist Database Technology (m/f) IT Infrastructure
Your role: Be part of a global team that supports multiple database platforms around the world. Tasks will range from installations, upgrades, performance tuning, disaster recovery planning / testing, application database support, problem analysis and resolution.
Who you are: You are a self-motivated person with strong mix of technical and communication skills and the ability to get things done. You are able to research issues and implement solutions in a disciplined manner. You are a team player that is willing to do your part to achieve the team’s goals. You are organized and can work numerous assignments at the same time.
- University degree (master) in computer science or comparable expertise
- Minimum of 4+ years relevant experience in Oracle Database Administration. Experience in SQL Server, Cassandra andor MongoDB helpful but not required.
- Working knowledge of Backup and Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Performance Tuning, Database Installation/Upgrade/Configuration
- Disciplined to work within Compliance, Change Control environment
- Good ITIL knowledge, certification of advantage
- Experience with Oracle RAC, Data Guard, OEM preferred
- Experience in the operation of IT systems in the context of the pharma industry is of advantage
- Flexibility to work off hours and provide on call support to support business and projects
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com