A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono we have an exciting opening for a scientist to join the Exploratory Immunology team in our research and development organization.
- Responsible for developing and implementing innovative biological/biochemical assays that serve as surrogate in vitro disease models to explore new pathways and targets in autoimmune disease.
- Read and critically evaluate relevant scientific literature and apply concepts to drug discovery approaches accordingly.
- Propose new targets, therapeutic concepts or technological approaches to committees and act as project team lead or member and apply your scientific expertise to advance projects.
- Collaborate within and outside your function, build formal and informal teams, and be an acknowledged expert in your area of expertise.
- Your work will contribute to and influence strategic project and department decisions.
- Write scientific reports (publications, patents, in-licensing evaluations, SOP’s) and you will present experimental results, conclusions, and future purpose, internally as well as at external conferences.
- Support external collaborations (academia, CROs, partners) and train colleagues in your area of expertise.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 plus years of experience, or Master’s degree in a Medical, Life Sciences or Science Discipline
- 3+ year’s experience in cell culture of both cell lines and primary cells
- 3+ year’s experience in gene editing (CRISPR/Cas9, siRNA, shRNA) or flow cytometry and other state of the art immunology techniques
- PhD with 3+ years of postdoctoral experience in immunology or related scientific discipline. Industry experience strongly preferred.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced, cross-functional, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- Any of the following are preferred:
- Experience in phenotypic and/or high-throughput screening
- Experience with microbiome/microbiota/epithelial barriers
- Background in biostatistics and experience with analysis of complex omics datasets using R or Python
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.