A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Lead product/project support for LSC - Production Materials by working cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing, Operations, Packaging, Sales, Marketing, Quality, Safety and outside customers to assure the timely delivery of the customer’s order. This project management position is embedded in the chemical manufacturing sites and is responsible for facilitating the evaluation, and management of new opportunities for existing product listings, as well as new or custom products. The role includes assessing the opportunity for site fit, working with appropriate groups to provide quotes and lead-times for new inquiries, creating project schedules, and providing alternatives for existing and custom product inquiries/orders to meet customer, operational, regulatory, and financial needs. Upon confirmation of an order, the individual is accountable for ensuring that the product/project is kept moving, identifying any issues, making sure they are resolved, and expediting the project to delivery. The position can be located in our Milwaukee or Sheboygan, Wisconsin sites.
Who you are:
- BS or higher in chemistry or life science related field.
- 3 plus years of combined Operations and Project Management experience in a chemical company, or equivalent.
- Certification for Project Management is preferred, not required.
- Extensive technical knowledge as it relates to R&D, development, production, SAP material master, and change management.
- Independence, assertiveness and ability to make decisions quickly and confidently, with skills for people interaction and cross functional teamwork across departments and locations worldwide and with external customers.
- Planning and scheduling, Problem Solving Skills including root cause analysis, Project Management, Time Management
- Motivator of people to drive toward desired results within a set timeframe.
- Strong negotiation and delegation skills – able to influence without direct authority to achieve desired outcomes.
- Independence, assertiveness and ability to make complex decisions quickly and confidently.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills, including the ability to give presentations and to speak to various technical and non-technical groups.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, FDA Regulations, with emphasis on GMP and ISO13485 guidelines and regulations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency with Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of SAP and other operational systems preferred, not required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.