A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Biochemical Technologist II is responsible for the timely and correct manufacture of antibody reagents to support multiplex immunoassay kits, to include bead conjugations, buffer exchanges, biotinylations, detections--Multiplex, ELISA, RIA, Cell Signaling, and SMC in the Immunoassay Platform Solutions group.
- Ability to produce/manufacture Multiplex, ELISA, RIA kit reagents (involves calculations, measurements, basic immunological techniques)
- Antibody Group -- Manipulations of antibodies and antibody conjugates, detection antibody manufacturing and conjugation of antibodies to beads
- Ensures lot to lot consistency of each item produced
- Ensures the timely completion of work by working with the team and independently
- Ability to multitask is a must, work on multiple product lines within the same day
- Present data to supervisor and/or team lead
- Read and follow SOP’s and protocols
- Highly organized individual able to maintain batch records and data from the multiple products assigned to manufacture
- Accurate and precise pipetting
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The employee must successfully complete the company’s safety program prior to working in the laboratory.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a Scientific discipline
- 2+ years’ experience within a life science manufacturing environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry or Biology strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Operational Excellence--Lean Six Sigma preferred.
- Promote and comply with all Quality System requirements.
- Promote and comply with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.