A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
An exciting role has arisen to join BioReliance, part of MilliporeSigma, the life science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, as a Project Specialist/Scheduler within Molecular Laboratory Operations. The Project Specialist/Scheduler will be responsible for scheduling and coordination of routine and custom testing as well as assay transfers. Molecular Laboratory Operations is a high throughput, fast-paced laboratory within Biologics that delivers a series of biosafety assays. The Project Specialist will be required to maintain a thorough understanding of BioReliance services and applications to ensure on time service delivery.
You will be working closely with cross functional teams to ensure effective communication of testing timelines. You will:
- Assist in the creation and management of Molecular Operations lab schedule(s) for development and assay transfers projects as well as routine testing
- Work with lab supervisor(s) and/or lab management to ensure that routine testing is scheduled appropriately to meet on time delivery expectations
- Work with development and assay transfer teams to ensure that all work is scheduled appropriately to ensure project timelines are met.
- Liaise with project management, account managers, development services as well as operations scientific staff on the progress and deliverables of all testing.
- Liaise with continuous improvement and digitization project leads on process improvement efforts. Coordinate with lab management on resources needed for such projects.
- Organize and lead meetings with appropriate cross functional teams
- Help to manage project timelines and communicate any timeline risk or misses to appropriate parties
- Manage deliverables for each project milestone and ensure that any project scope creep is documented and acted on appropriately.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (e.g. Biology/Molecular Biology) with 2+ years of work experience in a laboratory setting -OR- Associate’s degree in a scientific discipline (e.g. Biology/Molecular Biology) with 6+ years of work experience in a laboratory setting -OR- 8+ years of work experience in a laboratory setting
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and spreadsheet data analysis tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both formal and informal that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, etc.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams as well as independently
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Highly, technically competent
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.