A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Global Infrastructure is part of our Global Information Technologies organization providing infrastructure services to the organization. Our Global Service desk is a critical part of the infrastructure services and it is currently managed by multiple vendors.
As a Director of the Global Service Desk at our Bangalore facility, you will oversee and coordinate the activities of a new insourced Global Service Desk L1/L1.5/L2 support. This role will be responsible for the operation of a 24X7 team of approximately 75-80 FTEs. Candidates will coach personnel on people and technical issues.
Job Description/ Key Responsibilities:
- Provide first line of supervision to direct reports
- Manage the insourced Service Operation Center (SOC) while working with senior leadership and with his peers
- Develop and administer SOC processes and review their application to ensure that SOC’s controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively
- Provide management oversight for the identification, triage and response of all events or all incidents including security
- Produce and review aggregated performance metrics
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the SOC, by developing process improvement, continuous training and mentorship
- Play a significant role in long-term SOC strategy and planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence
Who you are:
- At least 10+ years’ experience as a People leader, IT Service Management (Design, Transition and Operations) with proven expertise in Infrastructure Management Services, Design, Service Delivery and Global IT operations.
- Practical hands-on experience in using MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ITSM tool (ServiceNow, JIRA, BMC Remedy, Zendesk, LANDESK, etc.), Knowledge on Windows/Networking/MAC Platform.
- Certification: ITIL Service Operation a plus
- IT Service Delivery Manager / Helpdesk Manager /Infrastructure Technical Manager
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation, communication and analytical skills
- Organizational Planning and people management skills
- Strong analytical skills and, ability to think logically and strategically
- Ability to manage large and complex projects
- Professional Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Capability to develop IT Strategies around IT Service Operations
- Proven work experience as the head of a Global Service Desk
- Good technical background with an ability to translate technical language to non-technical audiences
- Customer-service oriented focus with skill to solve complex problem
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent People management skills with the ability to manage large teams
Qualification: Graduate Degree / Master’s Degree (Computer Science/Engineering) or equivalent, Proficiency in English (Verbal, Written)
Experience: Work experience of 10+ years as a Service Operations, Service Desk Manager or other relevant IT Domain/Customer Support preferred.
What we offer: We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com