A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Purpose of the job is to perform various warehousing duties and to ensure finished goods flow through the Distribution Center in a safe, quality conscious manner. The position performs multiple functions including receiving, locating, picking and packing all materials while ensuring compliance with all company and regulatory requirements. Meet the daily and monthly core performance metrics set for the warehouse by:
- Accurately receiving finished goods and supplies under time constraints.
- Safely and accurately locating material to proper storage area.
- Safely, accurately, and efficiently picking customer orders.
- Safely, accurately, and securely packing customer orders.
- Performing cycle counts, location and product audit.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of two years of related work experience in a warehouse and distribution environment.
- Working knowledge of: warehouse flow, location logic, WHMIS, Transportation of dangerous goods, IATA Regulations, general safety practices, basic use of fire extinguishers, material handling equipment, proper lifting techniques, forklift operation, and spill team response.
- Requires the ability to read and understand oral and written instructions. Basic math skills for minor addition, subtraction, and multiplication. P.C. keyboarding skills and data entry using computers and RF scanning devices.
- Safe, smooth operation of a wide range of material handling equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Hours of operation: Flexibility to work shifts 11:00 hrs to 19:30 hrs and weekends to meet the needs of the business.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.