A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role :
The Senior Controller Research & Development Biopharma reports to Director, R&D Controlling, Avelumab Project/ Pfizer Alliance and works within global R&D project and function controlling teams. The position is based at Billerica, MA (US) R&D site.
- Planning, reviewing and financial reporting of the assigned R&D Operating Plan and budget, primary focus on Avelumab project (Alliance and company managed trials)
- Maintaining the appropriate environment of internal financial controls in all aspects of the Avelumab alliance
- Developing and preparing decision support models, business cases and presentations that support management decision making
- Collaborating with business partners, both internal and external (Alliance) to ensure full alignment on key assumptions, targets, and deliverables
- Preparing quarterly reconciliations of Direct and Indirect charges to ensure appropriate cost-sharing
- Assisting manager with a wide range of ad hoc requests
- Promoting best practice approach, suggesting and driving further
- improvements of existing reporting and processes
- Willing to take on support of additional projects as necessary
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar - Advanced degree a plus
- Professional work experience (7+ years) in a similar role
- Depth and/or breadth of expertise in pharmaceutical, biotech or life-science industries preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic, good organizational skills, and a collaborative spirit
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and delivering high accuracy
- Strong system skills (SAP, Analytical tools)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.