A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Join us and be a part of our strategic corporate venture capital fund. With a total investment volume of EUR 300 million and a focus on Healthcare, Lifesciences, Performance Material and New Business, our Healthcare fund is a well-established healthcare specific “evergreen” investment fund with an investment capacity of EURO 150m, and an active investment portfolio of 25 investee companies. In this role, you evaluate investment opportunities in companies that are expected to have future strategic value for our Healthcare business. You will manage deal flow, review business plans, provide recommendations to the team, co-ordinate with internal functions and provides feedback to potential investee companies. You will define, in collaboration with research, development and commercial functions, the focus areas for investment activity. Your scope also focuses on supporting other transactions, such as spin-offs, equity components of licensing transactions. You will support the company strategy development by providing inputs from the external Life Sciences environment and initiate strategy discussions around new developments in the industry and/or novel activities for the company based on close knowledge of industry developments.
Who you are:
- PhD, MSc or MD degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, medicine or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in Venture Capital, investment banking, or international consulting environment
- Strong analytical skills, ability to drive generation of business case/plan and provide technical/scientific inputs
- Strong valuation skills and understanding of (preferred) equity and equity related structures commonly applied in the biotech industry
- In depth understanding of corporate finance, capital budgeting and accounting, with respect to the biotech industry
- Ability to drive projects to conclusion and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills, ability to lead cross functional international project teams and present to senior management
- Willingness to travel up to 50% depending on project load
- Excellent English (Written, Oral, Negotiations)
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at