A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The EU-funded Innovative Training Network (ITN) “TADFLife” comprises partners from across Europe, working together to understand degradation processes in TADF OLEDs. We offer a position in this network which includes the possibility to obtain a PhD. The ITN aims to educate young researchers in a multidisciplinary approach. This includes participation in workshops and networking activities, as well as secondments in partner institutions.
You will help to manufacture OLEDs and characterise them with standard methods (LIV, degradation tests). The focus however lies on special methods like impedance spectroscopy, transient electroluminescent etc. Correlating the measurement data with device performance will be your responsibility. In collaboration with project partners, you will apply simulations to further explain your observations. You will also establish new measurement techniques if required. Furthermore, you will be responsible for reporting your results and manage communication to project partners.
To apply for the position, you must fulfill the following formal requirements
- You must not have a doctoral degree
- Your master’s degree (or equivalent degree which qualifies you to start a PhD) must not be older than four years
- You must not have resided in Germany for more than 12 months in the last three years (vacation etc. do not count)
- You must work full-time
- You must proof your proficiency in English (e.g. TOEFL or similar test, not for native speakers)
- M.Sc. (or equivilant degree as stated above) in Physical Sciences or a closely related field and experience in the electrooptical characterisation of OLEDs or similar devices and the interpretation of the results
- Sound understanding of OLED device physics or similar devices and computer programming skills are welcome
- International mobility and flexibility to work on different subjects as you have to spend part of your time at other institutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Proficiency in English which is the communication and teaching language in the network, knowledge of German is appreciated but not required
- Independent working style
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com