A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Perform standard Quality Control procedures including but not limited to the timely and correct testing of products through the use of multiple platforms including but not limited to: Multiplex, ELISA, RIA and Cell Signaling, data processing and analysis in compliance with ISO 9001 and cGMP regulations to support product release.
The following are the primary responsibilities (other duties may be assigned as required):
- Ability to successfully test and analyze ALL reagents from every platform including but not limited to Multiplex, ELISA, RIA, and Cell Signaling kit reagents (involves calculations, measurements, immunological techniques)
- Ensures the timely completion of work by working with the team and independently
- Ability to multitask is a must, work on multiple product lines within the same day independently
- Ability to independently analyze and summarize to present to supervisor/team lead/management
- Read and follow SOP’s and protocols
- Highly organized individual able to maintain Quality records and data from the multiple products assigned to test independently
- Accurate and precise pipetting
- Ensures individual training remains up to date
- May Assist Supervisor and Team Lead in training Peers
- Assists in ensuring equipment / instrumentation is in proper working order, and that appropriate training and documentation is up to date
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to assist in representing Quality in cross-functional applications
- Properly escalates risks with respect to people, products, process
- A solid understanding of immunoassay principals with working knowledge of Quality systems.
- A solid understanding of laboratory procedures
- Ability to review and write new reports/MMP’s/SOP’s that conform to GMP guidelines
- Properly records material and product movement within the ERP system and QC database
- Identify process improvements
- A solid technical understanding of our unique product lines and the voice of the customer
- Ability to assist in solving practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information is available
Who You Are:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry or Biology strongly preferred plus 3-6 years’ experience within a life science manufacturing environment, with scientific knowledge of immunological based biomolecular assays. Practical knowledge in protein chemistry and formulations.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis and interpretation of data.
- Support Operational Excellence--Lean Six Sigma familiarity and ability to identify process improvements
- Promote and comply with all Quality System requirements.
- Promote and comply with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Prior experience in a Quality role preferred
- Candidates must exhibit good documentation practices in compliance with ISO 9001 and cGMP regulations
- Candidates must have strong working knowledge of Excel with strong ability to type and navigate a standard computer
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.