A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: our Laboratory Assistant supports all routine tasks for laboratory operations and ensure the relevant laboratories are maintained to the required housekeeping standards, equipment is maintained and monitored, stock checks are performed and that reagents are prepared as required.
Who you are:
- Minimum Standard Grade English and Mathematics level C or equivalent
- The ideal candidate will have a qualification in biological sciences or related subject (e.g. HNC or equivalent)
- Laboratory experience is not essential for this role but would be advantageous
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (GLP/GMP) would be advantageous
- Experience of data entry, both paper and computer based, would be advantageous
- Able to follow written procedures and perform routine tasks, as well as a good standard of written and spoken English
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative and drive, enjoys working hard and full of energy when faced with complex situations or challenges
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com