A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Upstream R&D Senior Scientist
The primary responsibility of the Upstream R&D Senior Scientist is to lead and manage team to plan, design, execute and monitor experiments related to cell culture media optimization and upstream process development. This position will work with a team of scientists globally on different projects and will need to communicate with internal colleagues and external clients.
- Lead and manage team to Plan, design, execute and monitor experiments related to cell culture media optimization and upstream process development
- Develop project plan that are executed on time, meeting identified targets within budget and resources
- Support tech transfer of developed projects from/to customer sites
- Provides formal/informal mentoring to junior colleagues within R&D group
- Deliver scientific presentation in conference and marketing activities
- Effective communication of data/results through written documentation and oral presentation
Who you are:
- Master's degree or above in Biological Science, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology
- 6+ working experience with proven track record of accomplishments in the design and development of industrial cell culture process
- Hand-on experience of mammalian cell culture with fed-batch/perfusion process
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and excellent resource management skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
Functional area: Research & Development
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com