A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Upstream R&D Senior Scientist
The primary responsibility of the Upstream R&D Senior Scientist is to lead and manage team to plan, design, execute and monitor experiments related to cell culture media optimization and upstream process development. This position will work with a team of scientists globally on different projects and will need to communicate with internal colleagues and external clients.
- Lead and manage team to Plan, design, execute and monitor experiments related to cell culture media optimization and upstream process development
- Develop project plan that are executed on time, meeting identified targets within budget and resources
- Support tech transfer of developed projects from/to customer sites
- Provides formal/informal mentoring to junior colleagues within R&D group
- Deliver scientific presentation in conference and marketing activities
- Effective communication of data/results through written documentation and oral presentation
Who you are:
- Master's degree or above in Biological Science, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology
- 6+ working experience with proven track record of accomplishments in the design and development of industrial cell culture process
- Hand-on experience of mammalian cell culture with fed-batch/perfusion process
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and excellent resource management skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
Functional area: Research & Development
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.