A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Materials Science is a rapidly growing product area within MilliporeSigma’s Lab and Specialty Chemicals business. The product management team operates as the hub to coordinate product development, innovation, marketing, and commercial efforts. Our products include monomers, polymers, nanomaterials, electronic chemicals, thin-film materials, and the advanced chemicals used to make them.
Your Role: Manage the Energy Materials product line and drive its growth through collaboration with internal partners in R&D and Business Development and external partners in academics and industry to identify, develop, and commercialize innovative technology and products for energy and inorganic nanomaterials research.
The Energy Materials product line includes materials used for energy storage and energy harvesting and but also inorganic nanomaterials for bioassay development, diagnostics and imaging applications. In this role, you will manage the product portfolio, develop marketing campaigns, set competitive pricing strategy, and expand the product portfolio.
Who you are:
The successful candidate will have a strong background in materials science, energy and/or inorganic nanomaterials research coupled with scientific curiosity and keen interest in market analysis and product marketing. Further, the ability to recognize and cultivate technology areas that address unmet customer needs in energy and nanomaterials research- and to develop meaningful revenue-are crucial for this role.
- Ph.D in in Chemistry, Materials Science, or Engineering and 1+ years of experience.
- Or a B.S. in Chemistry or Materials Science with 5+ (five) years of product management and business development experience directly related to the energy and nanomaterials product line(s).
- Fluency in English is required; other languages are a distinct advantage
- Ability to travel domestically (approx. 25% of time) and internationally (approx. 5% of time).
- Post-doctoral experience is ideal, but recent graduates with exemplary record will be considered. MBA is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams, including product management, marketing teams and operational professionals
- Technical understanding of the principles and techniques used in nanomaterials and energy storage materials research
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with customers, present technical proposals, training or reports, to all organizational levels inside and outside MilliporeSigma. RSREMD
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.