A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Senior Manufacturing Operator is a position reporting to the department supervisor. This position will serve a crucial role in manufacturing a quality product to our customers, by bringing a holistic approach to daily production. A Senior Manufacturing Operator will drive production fulfillment and work closely with other team members in maximizing overall production efforts in a team environment.
This posting is for a A-Shift role (1st Shift).
- Fulfill production requirements in a clean room, ISO 9001 environment
- Carry out mechanical setups and/or feed machines
- Perform basic maintenance tasks
- Contribute in various improvement efforts
- Execute various transactions within data software to support production
- Lifting up to 45 lbs
- Stand for 8 hour shift
Who You Are:
- 2 + years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Associates degree or vocational tech training preferred
- Maintains understanding of safe work practices
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Certified Lean/Six Sigma experience (e.g. belt certifications, root cause analysis training, and kaizen experience) is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of lock-out-tag-out, electrical safety, etc is a plus.
- Interpersonal and teamwork involvement
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.