A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Efficiently and safely disposes of waste generated from chemical manufacturing and operating groups. Processes spent containers and equipment in a manner that is safe and effective. Works to improve processes, control costs, and correct safety hazards.
- Processes and packs waste for disposal following all government regulations, disposal facility specifications and proper handling procedures
- Segregates container types and sorts containers by hazard class
- Establishes waste profiles
- Prepares kiln ready lab packs according to government regulations and facility requirements
- Consolidates used PPE into cubic yard boxes for disposal and recycles satellite drums
- Consolidates waste flammable solids into cubic yard boxes for disposal
- Loads and unloads waste hauler trucks and/or waste and clean solvent tankers
- Loads waste hauler trucks according to DOT segregation rules
- Orders and unloads clean solvents to provide uninterrupted tank farm service
- Schedules and loads waste flammable liquid tankers to provide uninterrupted service and 90 day compliance
- Blends waste flammable liquid loads to maximize allowances for water and halogen content
- Provides product/waste sampling for the special needs of the sites product groups
- Maintains a clean, orderly and compliant work area
- All waste on site is properly labeled according to government regulations
- All compromised waste containers are dealt with immediately
- All waste areas are maintained clutter free and clean
- All waste on site is within the allowed 90 day period
- All aisles between waste containers are maintained at all times
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
Who you are
- HS Diploma or Equivalent and 1 plus year additional education in chemistry required or 1 plus year related chemistry experience required
- Associates Degree
- Basic mathematics; basic computer with Windows, Word and Excel; knowledge in Access is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct problems independently.
- Effective oral and communication skills and the ability to read and write.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.