A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Under general supervision, the Manufacturing Lab Technician performs various laboratory techniques of technician level duties in the areas of manufacturing. This position involves carrying out standard operating procedures involving basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping as necessary.
- Correctable vision is required.
- Physical requirements include frequent sitting, use of hands, reaching with hands and arms; occasional talking, hearing, standing, and lifting; seldom will stoop or crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs. on occasion without assistance.
- This position is that of a normal production office and has a moderate noise level (computers, printers, light traffic)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Who You Are:
- AA/AS in a biological science or biochemistry field OR High School Diploma or GED and 3 years of lab experience in a related discipline which supports performance of required tasks in a final production role
- 1 year production experience required.
- Knowledge of FDA QSRs and ISO 13485 or other related industry standards preferred; experience with SAP or other ERP system is strongly preferred
- 1 year laboratory experience in FDA regulated biotechnology or pharmaceutical environment is preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability create clear, concise written reports and accurately complete batch records
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.