A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The ideal candidate will develop and implement analytical solutions of moderate scope and complexity for process development and scale-up as well as transfer analytical methodologies to GMP quality control groups for a wide range of bio-organic and biochemical products.
- Deliver required analytical data for routine analyses, analytical method development and optimization to enable efficient process and analytical development.
- Evaluate analytical methods for the transfer and validation to cGMP Quality Control laboratories.
- Master the technical and theoretical aspects of new analytical techniques and contribute to critical path needs of various project development teams.
- Consistently demonstrates attention to detail in the planning, execution and documentation of experimental work.
- Deliver timely and comprehensive written (laboratory notebook, operating procedures and reports) and oral communications to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excel in a team environment through concise and transparent communication and effective cooperation.
- Contribute to departmental and cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
Who You Are:
- BS in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Bioanalytical Chemistry or related scientific field
- 5+ years of academic or industry lab experience
- PhD preferred in Analytical Chemistry, Bioanalytical Chemistry or related scientific field
- GMP documentation experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of multiple analytical instruments highly preferred
- Experience related to large biomolecules and protein analytics preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in general and advanced laboratory techniques (theory and practice) to enable the development of novel approaches to solve complex analytical problems on fast-paced projects.
- Demonstrated success in contributing to the advancement of projects, project teams and process improvements.
- Documented experience in four or more of the following laboratory techniques: absorption spectroscopy, analytical chromatography (HPLC/GC/IC/UPLC/SEC/HILIC/CGE/iCE), protein analysis, immunoassays, FTIR, wet chemistry, flow cytometry and/or USP methodologies. Experience with DAD, ELSD, CAD, and MS detectors are highly desirable.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail and strong communication skills (both written and verbal). Customer facing experience is beneficial.
- Champion new analytical technologies that can be applied to process and drug development.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as experience with advanced data acquisition software systems (Chromeleon, Empower, and Chemstation)
- Medium to high-throughput instrumentation experience, equipment troubleshooting and basic instrument maintenance are preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.