A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Ensure standardization and harmonization of project deliverables across portfolio to enable well balanced project decisions
- Directs and supervises the development of standardized procedures and policies according to the stage of development for project management including:
- meaningful, robust cross-functional ◦ project planning
- development, monitoring, and tracking of tasks, options, budget and project timelines and provide early warnings on variances and define mitigation actions.
- preparation of decisions based on risk-adjusted business cases including risk mapping and contingency actions◦
- development of quality molecules in line with global industry benchmark
- preparation of seamless transition of project(s) to Late Development with complete data package demonstrating Proof of Concept
- managing strategic research collaborations/alliances associated with the projects
- Ensure project managers and project leaders deliver appropriate project data to portfolio management to enable portfolio prioritization by the respective governance bodies for an efficient use of R&D resources.
- Identify and establish necessary training programs for project managers to improve their capability in leading global project teams to high performance and proper execution of established project management processes
- Accountable for timely delivery and update of key project documents (Target Product Profile, iDP, NFVA, etc.) for all projects in scope required for strategic direction and effective steering.
- Assign appropriately skilled project managers to R&D projects in alignment with R&D program leads at the most appropriate R&D hub
- Support overall operational execution of approved project strategies together with Program Leader
- Facilitate communication of all project decisions, issues, etc. to appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner
- Drive cost conscious science and effective delivery of clinical trials as project management representative at governance.
- Consult the R&D organization in all project management questions and ensure alignment of project management principles
Who are you:
- Advanced scientific degree (MS or PhD)
- Fluent in English, written and oral; basic knowledge of 2nd • language (German) is a plus
- Degree in project management or certification by recognized project management association (e.g. PMI, IPMA) highly desirable
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in project management or program lead of early/late stage drug development in pharma/biotech
- Demonstrated successful working experience in cross-functional teams like global drug development in pharma/biotech
- Several years of international experience and demonstrated success in managerial position(s) involving influence and interaction with other departments
- Normal and routine office duties
- Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 20% of time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.