A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: The HIV Key Account Manager (KAM) is a member of the US Endocrinology Therapeutic Area which includes oversight of the following marketed brand: Serostim® indicated for the treatment of HIV patients with wasting or cachexia to increase lean body mass and body weight and improve physical endurance. The HIV KAM is as full-time position managing sales at the territory and area level in order to deliver on aggressive but realistic targets for revenue growth and profitability by executing brand objectives through innovative strategies, excellence in customer engagement and rigorous account planning. Play a key role as a member of a high performing team including Marketing, Strategic Alliances, MACS, and Medical in order to manage sales at the territory and area level and serve as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono. This full-time position focuses on building customer alliances, establishing and maintaining product market leadership and achieving short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a professional relationship between the customer and EMD Serono. Position entails domestic travel up to 25% of the Chicago, Indiana, Milwaukee territory.
Who you are: Create and execute territory and area key account plans to achieve aggressive goals and objectives for continued growth; Maintain a superior level of product, market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care, customer and distribution knowledge to accomplish territory objectives including strengthening current loyalist positions and expanding and building new loyalists. Maintain an expert operating knowledge of all company policies and pharmaceutical and promotional guidelines including but not limited to those addressing interactions with healthcare professionals, Compliance, Business Conduct and PhRMA
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific or clinical field or similar required
- 5+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/ healthcare industry
- 1+ years’ experience in HIV, Endocrinology, and/or Specialty Biologics markets required
- A valid and active driver’s license is required for this position
- Located in Chicago is highly preferred
- Advanced degree desired in scientific or clinical field preferred
- Experience with payer or prior authorization experience
- Knowledge of managed care and reimbursement systems including prior authorization pull through strategies highly desirable
- Deep understanding of the landscape and market place is highly desired
- Must have compassion for patients living with HIV/AIDS
- Strong sales, time management and administrative skills
- Minimum of intermediate level computer skills (MS Office products) required. Ability to quickly grasp and implement business objectives and manage resource allocation
- Success record for driving and maintaining strong results
- Strong analytical skills to understand and adjust to trends and market dynamics
- Ability to plan and execute in efficient manner (i.e. expense reporting, sales analytics reports and project work)
- Achieve territory and area sales goals and objectives consistent with Company and TA guidelines, KAM core competencies, and Pharma guidelines
- Demonstrates strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends, preparing and communicating applicable plans
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.