A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Applied BRM/Dx organization is a dynamic organization driven by finding solutions to our customer’s needs. Supporting customer’s through our contract manufacturing solutions is a key pillar to this organization.
The Custom and New Product Support Supervisor is a highly dynamic customer facing position offering a world class experience for our clinical diagnostic customers. This position is part of the Dx/BRM business and leads a project management group that evaluates and executes complex custom solutions to create a differentiated experience for our customers. In addition, this person will be responsible for leading and/or supporting cross functional projects within the organization to refine processes and deliver business objectives.
- Support commercial organization through quoting on custom inquiries and providing as a liaison with operations cross functional project participation and implementation to achieve business objectives.
- Select, train, develop, motivate and evaluate employees
- Organizes the group's efforts and oversees projects
- Ensure information to effectively perform the group's function is communicated
- Direct group's effort toward improvement and company goals
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the commercial organization and participating in cross-functional projects to deliver on business objectives. You will lead a dynamic team of commercial project managers as they work to support the commercial organization and deliver on business objectives.
10% US/International travel.
Who you are:
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology or other life science
- 3+ years in a Project Management position specializing in Production, R&D or Analytical Services.
- MBA or advanced degree in Chemistry or Biological Sciences
- Proven experience in successfully managing large projects and teams.
- Extensive technical and systems knowledge as it relates to all aspects of production, analytical methodologies, and packaging of Biotech products
- Independence, assertiveness, and ability to lead teams and make decisions quickly and confidently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cross functional teamwork across departments and locations worldwide and with external customers
- Expertise in ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003 requirements pertaining to new product development and custom/contract manufacturing
- Demonstrated proficiency in training / mentoring employees by supplying sufficient theory, demonstration, and support
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, FDA Regulations, with emphasis on GMP and ISO guidelines and regulations
- Able to independently complete product costing analysis and evaluate risks and cost effectiveness to the supply chain.
- Expertise in Design Control procedures for new product development.
- Planning and scheduling, problem solving skills including root cause analysis, Project Management, Time Management.
- PC/Software use, including analytical instrumentation and software.
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.