A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Process Development Engineer will support efforts leading to the development of novel technologies and processes for cell therapy manufacturing. The successful candidate will focus primarily on MilliporeSigma’s stage-gate product development process to commercialize new products for the Bioprocess/Pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry. The Process Development Engineer will work collaboratively with, and provide technical leadership to, cross functional teams from R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, and Product Management. This hands-on and strategic position will provide product and process development, analysis expertise, and timely interpretation and communication of data/results. The position involves working with a broad group of technical and non-technical personnel including scientists, engineers and business partners. The successful candidate will be expected to work efficiently in the lab under general direction and plan schedules and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives with short deadlines. The ability to work effectively in a team environment is essential.
Who you are:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related field is required.
- 5+ years related full-time work experience in bioprocessing/cell therapy is required.
- A graduate level degree in engineering is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various mammalian cell types including stem and T cells.
- Demonstrated experience with operation and process optimization of mammalian cell culture bioreactors and downstream processing.
- Experience with product design, CAD software and other computer modeling techniques is preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and process development activities such as qualification, validation, design of experiments, FMEA and design for manufacturing.
- Proficiency in engineering, problem solving, experimental design and data analysis.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.