A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: As the Manager of Engineering and Facilities Operation, you will support a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians to support laboratory operations of (5) buildings totally 180k sq. ft. with +20 direct and in-direct team members in accordance with GLP/GMP procedures and current local state and federal standards and guidelines. Provide the planning, design, construction, project management, engineering, calibration/validation and maintenance of fully functional and compliant GLP/GMP facilities including the lab equipment, core facilities equipment, machinery, physical plant and engineering at multi-facility site location(s). Manage Engineering, Building & Grounds, Security, Lab Ops, Calibration/Validation, and Construction Project Management staff. Develop and maintain maintenance, repair, calibration, and validation programs that support aggressive production schedules. Manages building systems, repairs and the preventive maintenance program. Act as the point of contact for BioReliance with various building landlord(s) and local and state regulatory agencies. In addition, you manage renovations and/or fit out of existing facilities and new building construction and develop the annual Facilities plan, budget, and CAPEX, preventative maintenance to be accomplished.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related discipline, preferred, with a minimum of 7 - 10 years of GMP relevant experience.
- Previous facilities and project management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs and Engineering software systems. (Siemens, KAYE and/or Honeywell BMS a plus).
- In-depth knowledge of all maintenance functions (e.g. staffing, GLP, cGMP, CMMS, etc.), corporation facilities and systems, EHS (e.g., multiple sites, HEPA filtered HVAC, building management systems, fire alarm systems etc.). Project and Construction Management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable codes and enforcement standards, including SOP’s, systems history and change control.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- 0-10% Travel required
- Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts to maintain 7-day lab operation facility.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.