A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The life science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is seeking a Senior Marketing Communications Specialist for a newly developing portion of its Process Solutions business: the Global Process Automation & Delivery Group – Software, Automation & Analytics. This individual will be responsible for defining multichannel communication strategies based on marketing plans in cooperation with internal stakeholders such as product management, commercial teams, and segment marketing. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of bioprocessing by implementing the strategy and executing communication tools for this new and strategic digital portfolio.
Develop, manage, execute, and evaluate global marketing communications plans for the new Global Process Automation & Delivery Group to raise awareness, establish thought leadership and generate leads. With this role, there will be a strong focus on internal and external education to support the digital transformation that the bioprocessing industry is currently going through.
Responsibilities include a mix of strategic and operational marketing communication activities including, but not limited to: assisting in product positioning, messaging and naming; creating technical and promotional content; supporting promotional activities for global tradeshows and local/regional events; digital marketing activities (web content, SEO and SEM, marketing automation, apps, videos, webinars, social and paid media); tracking, evaluating and reporting on results.
Who you are:
- Prove experience in leading global launch and communication plans for software products in the life science sector
- Good knowledge of the Go-to-Market strategy for software products specific to the biopharma industry
- Excellent capability to “translate” digital language covering IT, OT and development methodologies into marketing for non-IT audiences
- Proven ability to develop and manage communication tools beyond classical print and web
- Robust understanding of emerging technologies such as IoT, Industry 4.0, Automation, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, Blockchain, etc.
- Awareness of software product licensing & distribution models will be a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing or marketing communication in a matrix and international environment
- Master degree in software engineering
- Master in communications or marketing is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Autonomous, creative, results- and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated flexibility and team player approach
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn specific applications related to the role
The job position is either in Bedford, Massachusetts USA or Molsheim, France, and requires occasionnal travels essentially within Europe and the United States.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.