A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We have two decades of experience supporting our customers manufacture and commercialize novel therapies. Our next Senior Director of Commercial Development will build and develop long-term relationships with customers and key opinion leaders in the field, direct the sales team to identify opportunities and close negotiations successfully, and implement commercial strategies to drive growth in our cell and gene therapy business. In this highly visible role, you will interact with leadership from the Process Solutions business unit as well as the Life Science division. You will grow a sales force while working with the operations, business franchise and R&D heads to serve our customers and scale the business.
The Cell and Gene Therapy team is part of a new business initiative called Promise Venture in MilliporeSigma. The ideal candidate will have had customer-facing saes experience within the CGT space, a collaborative work style, and a good understanding of GMP process development.
Manage a team of technical sales to consistently achieve or exceed the global sales target for Cell and Gene Therapy
- Apply a working knowledge of professional, consultative and strategic selling skills to grow existing business and develop incremental business
- Utilize available data sources to analyze and capitalize on strategic territory opportunities with the greatest ROI
- Work with Operations and Project Managers to develop proposals, set pricing, and agree on terms and conditions
- Lead customer negotiations to win contracts and drive utilization of manufacturing facility
Expand into new markets in terms of geography and technologies
- Support business plan development, including CAPEX estimate
- Develop and execute expansion strategy
Work collaboratively with different stakeholders to drive business, for example
- With Operations and Project Management to realize customer needs, execute on contracts, and regularly perform demand planning and forecasts
- With R&D to improve existing offerings and service parameters
- With Franchise lead to develop effective marketing campaigns and to raise awareness
- Across the Process Solutions business unit to grow the overall business in bioprocessing and novel modalities
Develop, train, and engage with new and existing sales team members
- Grow the team in support of target plan
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science degree, MBA or advanced business or technical degree desired
- 15+ years of professional experience, 5-10 years leadership experience in sales focusing on the Cell and Gene Therapy market
- Knowledge of GMP and Cell and Gene therapy, its market and key players
- General business skills such as negotiation, strong organizational skills, problem solving and fact-based decision making
- Strategic and visionary, with the operating experience to drive synergies, identify market opportunities and manage cost efficiencies
- Ability to attract and motivate a highly skilled sales team to drive growth Record of successful leadership in a line organization across a broad spectrum of cultures
- Strong interpersonal interaction skills and a collaborative approach to working with colleague
- Ability to travel 50% of the time, domestic and international
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.