A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reviews demand plans at a global and local level, including adjusting forecast and safety stock parameters and works with the sales group to incorporate customer demands into the planning systems.
- Create operational schedules based on throughput, customer service, and all other company and/or departmental goals.
- Maintain and monitor the Planning and Scheduling of your area in SAP and related planning system to ensure scheduled are optimized to achieve corporate business objectives.
- Work closely with project managers, sales, marketing and other production/purchasing planners to ensure schedules are optimized to achieve corporate business objectives.
- Facilitate process improvement initiatives to improve customer service, increase productivity, eliminate waste, and streamline processes in production.
- Analyzes planned orders, requirements, and system designs with a view to global supply chain impact. Converts planned orders to purchase requisitions or packaging/production process orders as necessary.
- Develop SAP generated reports various performance measures to identify opportunities for refinement of strategies, process improvement, and testing.
- Work with global planning teams as needed to ensure planning designs and requirements are coordinated across the entire supply chain
- Analyze inventory and forecast status in order to provide superior customer service
- Evaluate, test, recommend and/or implement changes that could improve service, cycle time, throughput efficiency, inventory levels, etc
- Maintain and audit key SAP planning master data. Including, lot size, lead time, MRP controllers, special procurement keys, schedule margin key and purchasing type.
- Must develop excellent understanding of complex processes from beginning to end and all steps in detail in order to perform trouble shooting and process improvement effectively.
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment.
- Typing at a computer keyboard along with the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management or related field preferred, or equivalent experience in production planning and scheduling.
- Basic scheduling techniques and material requirements planning knowledge
- 2+ years of experience in moving material through the product delivery cycle, proficient with a PC, and data analysis
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain, forecasting or planning/scheduling
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access Lotus Notes, etc.)
- ISO standards (in relation to preparing documents).
- Certification from APICs or IBF preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.