A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The purpose of this position is to maintain and install equipment, facilities, and utility systems. This is a multi-skilled position that is capable of completing work orders that cross over traditional disciplines.
In addition, to provide leadership, expertise, and training to other department members.
2nd Shift - Monday-Friday, 3pm-11:30pm
Who You Are
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 plus years of related maintenance experience.
- Electrical / Instrumentation Related
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair analytical equipment/instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct VFD problems.
- Able to troubleshoot, design, install, maintain electrical power and control circuits up to 480 V.
- Ability to use calibration equipment to calibrate or test all types of instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct PLC or controller problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperature, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair air conditioning equipment and chillers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair heating equipment and systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair ventilation equipment (air handlers, exhaust systems).
- Understanding of and ability to use building management systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair production mechanical equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair fluid and vacuum pumps.
- Able to fabricate or repair parts using machining tools (lathe, mill, shear, break, press).
- Able to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on boilers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair hydraulic power systems.
- Able to troubleshoot, and replace mechanical seals; bearings.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.