A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
To manually and semi-automatically portion chemicals into containers using safety equipment and follow protocols.
****Earn a $1000 Sign On Bonus payable after 30 days of employment****
Payrate: $16.80 per hr.
Day Shift: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
- Weigh hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals using precision equipment into specific containers. Verify hood and safety equipment function, obtain process order, scan into computer system, verify electronic balance is calibrated
- Verify match of process order and bulk container lot numbers
- Obtain correct type and quantity of containers for process order
- Operate powered pallet and drum movers
- Verify weighed bottles and determine if quantity matches process order requirements
- Pulls samples for customers and/or quality control as required
- Complete paperwork including process orders and glovebox logs
- Document process order for specific required data, inclusive of weighing accountability to assure the accuracy of the weighed material using Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Complete production logs
- Maintain equipment, tools, and facilities in safe, clean environment
- Clean tools and utensils with appropriate material in hood according to chemical safety protocols
- Clean hood/work station according to method and protocol for specific chemical weighed
- Document cleaning of area/equipment/hood on cleaning log when applicable
- Assemble, test, maintain, and use appropriate safety equipment
- Prepare respiratory protection
- Clean and maintain reusable safety equipment for next use
- Procures bulk and package components
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- The work area may occasionally be wet, humid, or abnormally hot or cold.
Who You Are
- Education: High School Diploma, GED or HSED required
- Desirable: High school course work in chemistry or 6 months chemistry related work experience.
- Read instructions and understand oral and written instructions.
- Basic math skills including the metric system.
- Learn SOP's/UOP's, cleaning protocols, work and conduct rules.
- Learn to use safety equipment. Learn to use semi-automated equipment.
- Eye-hand coordination. Small/large tool dexterity.
- Legible handwriting, teamwork, communication skills.
- Ability to move 50 lbs.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to operate a forklift is preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.