A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a talented Account Executive, Life Sciences to join EMD Digital, Inc., an affiliate of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. As an industry leading science & technology company, we seek to solve the most challenging problems facing scientists today. Our team is working at the intersection of digital and science to develop a portfolio of digital products with the aim of speeding up the scientific process from discovery through commercialization.
The Account Executive for Life Sciences will work closely with EMD Digital’s leadership team, reporting directly to the Vice President, Commercial and Customer Support. The individual filling this role is responsible for relationship development and sales activities for EMD Digital’s solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- New relationship and pipeline development
- Development partner and commercial sales contract negotiation and execution
- Pipeline maintenance and reporting
- Representing EMD Digital at key marketing events and tradeshows
Who you are:
The individual filling this role will have demonstrated success in sales and strategic business development in the technology and data services, serving the bio-pharma / life sciences market. This individual serves as a brand ambassador and has a track record of career success in complex selling engagements for multi-million-dollar transactions. This individual is expected to bring deep domain expertise and credibility related to the needs pharmaceutical customers, their workflows, and data needs, and maintains an extensive industry network in that market segment. They maintain trusted and collaborative relationships with partners, internal stakeholders, and customers to achieve success against commercial objectives and customer reference ability.
Additional Skills and Competencies include:
- Bachelors’ degree required, Masters preferred
- Located in the New England or Mid-Atlantic area preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in bio-pharma digital and data solutions, with an emphasis on drug development, clinical research, and real-world evidence
- Forecasting and pipeline tracking experience
- Complex, million+ dollar contract negotiation and procurement
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to work effectively across teams and business leaders
- High degree of emotional sensitivity with proven ability to read and respond to needs of individuals and stakeholder organizations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Capability to manage competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and implement plans methodically
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency in programs such as Excel, Salesforce, and PowerPoint
- Inspiring and compelling communicator
- Normal and routine office duties
- Position requires domestic travel up to 70% of time, with potential for international travel several times a year
- Non-exempts only, overtime may be required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.