A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Responsible for delivery of service to customers within SLA for incident response and resolution during your shift
- Responsible for managing and developing the shift team
- Perform the role of Major Incident Manager during shift and manage incident resolution and escalations in accordance with agreed processes
- Keeping up to date with team’s progress and workload, providing reports and updates into your manager
- Managing and developing knowledge with the team
Working with your team and peers to drive continual service improvement and efficiencies in the operation
- Ensure your team are integrated with the wider teams, ensuring consistency of process and approach
- As Operations Support Shift Lead you will also be required to be hands-on with SharePoint Administrative activities
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Manage day-to-day operations of SharePoint servers and server farms.
- Perform installation, maintenance, configuration, application deployments and administration of various operating systems, servers, and software. May include, but are not limited to; SharePoint, Project Server, Team Foundation Server, Active Directory, SQL Server, Windows Server, and Networking.
- Coordinate and perform SharePoint backup/restore, import/export, PowerShell and command line functions as needed.
- Deploys and manages SharePoint applications including web applications, site collections, and SharePoint solutions.
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Monitors systems for optimum performance and availability.
- May be called upon to participate in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- Performs essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing.
- Performs periodic recovery testing of disaster recovery plans.
- Manage system security, system patching and upgrades
- Deploy custom developed and third-party SharePoint solution packages
- Configure SharePoint services and settings
- Document SharePoint configuration and architecture
- Manage site quotas and file size limits
- Review and monitor usage reports
- Administer and maintain site creation process
- Applying SQL Server and SharePoint patches and cumulative updates on a regular basis.
- Control user restrictions and file management enterprise portals and various web services designing parts of the technical solutions
- Other duties may be assigned, based on company's needs
- Active contributor in designs of IT infrastructure solutions.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Support development teams in all SharePoint projects; works closely with developers and technical operations teams to maintain all SharePoint environments
- Provide SharePoint support to 1st and 2nd Level Customer Support Teams
- Providing automation and increased efficiency to a user base with high operational tempo
- Establishing and maintaining effective and collaborative relationships with customers, end users and other team members
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.