A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is seeking a Research Sales Associate to support the growth strategy of the division. The Research Sales Associate is responsible for meeting or exceeding all sales goals and the sales forecast for the assigned territory (University of Michigan and Michigan State). This includes meeting or exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals. The SA is responsible for implementing and executing defined business plans and associated activities that are deemed necessary to achieve all sales goals and sales forecast. This will be accomplished as part of a coordinated sales effort with local and corporate sales teams.
The Research Sales Associate works under direction of the Research Account Manager to maintain and grow the assigned academic account. The Research Sales Associate is an entry level Sales position designed to learn on the job with guidance from the Research Account and Regional Sales Director. The ideal candidate has research experience in an academic laboratory, is results oriented, passionate about what they do, works with a sense of urgency, stays focused, and works well on a team. The Sales Associate will also travel overnight (approximately 10%).
- Walk around campus all day and lift up to 50lbs
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science, Chemistry or related field or a Master’s degree in Life Science, Chemistry or related field or PhD in Life Science, Chemistry or related field
- 1+ year of experience working research laboratory environment
- Currently located in close proximity to University of Michigan or Michigan State University
- Experience with SalesForce or other CRM
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan or Michigan State University Community
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for Chemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Bio and Protein Research
- Sales competency which includes selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level
- Experience working with or for a Scientific Distribution Company
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process
- General understanding of the research marketplace and market business trends
- Outgoing and confident with excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency
- Independent worker with ability to self-manage and organize and prioritize daily activities
- Documented history of working effectively as part of a team and willingness to take direction
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
- Detail oriented and highly organized with effective time management skills
- Demonstrated competency in computer software such as Microsoft Office, Google Apps applications and Internet
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.