A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Accountable for planning and execution of the Global Infrastructure Project Portfolio investment
- Collaborate with Technical IPT leads to create and maintain multi-year technical platform investment strategy (NextGen, capacity expansion, tech refresh)
- Follow Zero Based Budgeting approach to ensure project budget is case-by-case justified and allocated to areas with highest business impact / NPV
- Collaborate with Controlling to ensure Infrastructure projects meet organisation financial Controlling requirements. Collaborate on Business Cases, Financial Summaries, Controlling Statements.
- Collaborate with IT-PMO to make sure Infrastructure Porfolio planning process is in-sync with organisation IT Portfolio Planning guidelines. Stay on top of changes. Collaborate on process improvement.
- Ensure projects are opened and approved in expedient manner, following organisation standard SDLC methodology and using standard tools (PPMC)
- Ensure project cost is allocated to the correct legal entity / cost center / cost type (global vs local)
- Ensure final vendor quotes are obtained before projects are presented for approval, cost correctly reflected in project cost structure
- Ensure run costs associated with project investment are fully documented and reflected in OP
- Monitor project financial health throughout project lifecycle. Ensure actuals are properly reflected in organisation financial reporting. Communicate and manage project financial under- and overrun, to bring project financials back on target. Manage cross-year investment carry-over.
- Ensure successful planning and execution of the Global Infrastructure Project Portfolio investment
- Ensure infrastructure investment is clearly communicated and directed to high priority areas
- Ensure projects meet financial targets
- Improve quality and speed of project execution
The individual will interact very closely with Technical IPT leads within IT-I, and will also interact closely with the business partners from IT-PMO, Controlling, and Procurement organizations.
Who are you:
- University degree. MBA/Finance preferred.
- Strong financial background. Experience managing infrastructure project investment in a complex multi-sector, multi-ERP, multi-legal entity environment.
- Hands-on experience with Project Portfolio management systems (e.g. PPMC)
- Experience with financial reporting processes and controls
- Project management experience in a complex matrix environment in a global organization
- Experience leading cross-functional process improvement initiatives
- Ability to execute
- Deep financial planning knowledge
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills. Ability to drive consensus / set mutually agreeable goals.
- Clear understanding of industry standard IT infrastructure platforms, terminology, and leading providers, including Network, Telecommunications, Cloud, Datacenter, Server & Storage
- Ability to break complex problems into manageable tasks
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- English language proficient
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com