A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Manufacture or evaluate cell culture products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations
- Ensure quality throughout the process
- Perform multi-disciplined, complex and established processes, assays and/or unit operations, primarily those requiring a higher level of skill and knowledge
- Clean-up equipment and working areas during and after operations
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures
- Interface across departments
- Participate as needed in quality audits
- Accurately perform procedure independently
- Identify problems and limitations of analysis
- Perform advanced troubleshooting utilizing technical knowledge and theory.
- Review of final assays and procedures
- Interface with external customers
- Design experiments, evaluate data and draw conclusions
- Provide logical explanations and potential solutions
- Write and modify procedures consistent with quality guidelines and review other procedures as requested
- Perform Root Cause Investigations as required
- Incompliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist
- Develop improvement ideas, review impact of changes and document all work.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions
- Develop efficient processes/procedure for existing and new product introduction, assays, technologies, instrumentation and software
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed. Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Train personnel on instruments/equipment and techniques by supplying sufficient demonstration, theory and support
- Provide technical support to personnel to assist in problem solving
- Provide technical support to cross-functional teams
- Chemical environment - Perform tasks while wearing personal protective equipment such as respirator or chemical protective clothing for extended periods.
- Occasional lifting and pushing of up to 80 pounds.
- Occasional shift work may be needed.
Who You Are:
- BS/BA degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or related life science
- 3+ years of culturing experience including either independent cell/tissue culture lab research or industrial cell/tissue culture experience.
- MS in Chemistry/Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or related life science
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Experience with process techniques and unit operations
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling knowledge
- Communication skills: oral and written
- Computer skills
- Mechanical skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 Quality standards
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.