A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will develop stable, clonal cell lines for the expression of therapeutic candidate proteins. Responsibilities include interacting with other members of the Protein and Cell Sciences group and interfacing with several other scientists within the group, within New Biological Entities Technologies, within Research and Development and with Global Development and Launch. You will also work on technology development initiatives to improve productivity of cell lines/process or throughput of cell line development.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or other Science discipline with 3 plus years of experience or Master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or other Science discipline required
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or other Science discipline, Master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or other Science discipline with 4 plus years of experience or Bachelor’s with 7 plus years of experience strongly desired
- Solid understanding of mammalian cell line development in an industry setting, from both a technical and a business perspective, as well as a strong foundation in cell and molecular biology.
- Experience in improving host cell lines and vector design, for cultivating cell line performance, automated systems and productivity, is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of general cell culture techniques, including transfection, selection, cloning, small scale production models and protein expression are preferred.
- Direct experience with mammalian cell lines such as CHO, HEK-293 and NS/0 is beneficial and familiarity with cell culture performance at various scales, from multi-well plates to bioreactors, is a plus.
- Exposure to instruments commonly used in a cell line generation lab: Guava, Cedex, ViCell, Octet, Cell Imaging Systems, FACS Aria and experience implementing and using automated systems, is desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form with peers and senior management
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.