A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Manufacture and package products for Life Science business unit resulting in customer satisfaction. Compliance with applicable governmental and environmental health agency regulations and achievement of internal production objectives. Partner with Planning, Quality Assurance, Distribution, and Upstream Operations to assemble products in final configuration to meet customer needs. All Production Associates are expected to possess and demonstrate the general knowledge and skills defined in the “Basic Skills and Abilities” section below. In addition, Level I Production Associates are expected to be highly proficient in at least one of the work areas outlined in the “Work Areas and Specific Tasks” section and are expected to develop additional skills beyond the basic skills and abilities through cross-training in some or all tasks in at least one other work area. Production Associates at Level I and above may also perform the tasks in the Coordinator role on an alternating/rotating schedule as needed.
- Fill - Perform procedures involving calculations and material measurements; collect and record data on batch records. Safely operate standard production and fill equipment.
- Pack/Assembly - Apply labels to product, assemble kits and package products. Responsible for verification and final product quality.
- Screening - Utilize multiple databases to screen work orders and create a Discrete Job (DJ) packet. Compare Lower Level information with DJ Finished Good information and stop workflow if any inconsistencies or non-conformances are found.
- Label and Document Production - Ensure print accuracy of lot-specific customer facing product labeling: Container label and product insert(s) as appropriate, utilizing one or multiple computer databases for information collection; engage in cross-functional interaction and confirmation of data, templates and/or printed labeling as required. Execute accurate data recording, verification, and final product label quality for one or more complete operations following proper Good Documentation Practices (GDP) guidelines.
- Completions - Return Finished Goods and Lower Level materials into correct storage temperature by following appropriate procedures. Responsible for verification of final product.
- Area clearance tasks and maintaining separation of product
- Ontime Manufacture of products as needed per Planning department
- Perform standard and new operating procedures
- Collect and record data on documents and batch records where required
- Utilize computer hardware and software for data entry and record keeping where required
- Ensure compliance with all Quality and Regulatory specifications
- Participate in production failure investigations
- Contribute to overall manufacturing performance metrics: Productivity, customer satisfaction and quality improvements
- Support process improvement through identification and reporting of areas needing improvement and assisting in improvement projects
- Safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, use of automated devices and equipment designed to reduce repetitive stress, etc.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to complete work according to daily schedule
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand safe laboratory practices
- Support 6S programs to maintain lean work environment
- Ability to accommodate occasional overtime as needed to meet production requirements
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstances and ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment
- Comply with applicable established cGMP, FDA, OSHA, EPA, and Quality System regulations
- Follow ergonomic limits set by management per health and safety requirements
- Additional duties as defined by management and business needs
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science or commensurate education and 2+ years’ experience in a related discipline which supports performance of required tasks in a Final Production role
- 1 year experience with automated equipment, such as auto-labelers, auto-baggers and future production automation
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability create clear, concise written reports and accurately complete batch records
- 1+ year experience with data verification preferred
- 1 +year experience with writing and/or editing Standard Operating Procedures preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.