A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Construct and repair glass scientific apparatus for external and internal customers. Steadily increase glassblowing skills to handle more difficult pieces, increase quality and steadily decrease production times to meet production time standards.
- Produce or repair scientific glassware requiring a high degree of precision
- Finish jobs assigned
- Ensure pieces meet quality standards and match shop drawings
- Safely handles large apparatus of hot glassware, over 1000 degrees Fahrenheit
- Safely handles broken pieces of glassware to evaluate for repair and performs repairs in a safe manner, bringing the apparatus back to a useful state
- Strive to steadily increase production rates to meet production standards
- May be required to silver glassware, Safely handling hazardous chemicals used to silver, etch and clean glassware
- May assist in packaging and labeling as required
- Increase glassblowing skills
- Learn new skills and take on production of more advanced pieces
- Improve quality
- Maintain equipment and shop, and calibrate equipment as necessary
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area and shop
- Stock supplies as required
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED
- AS Degree in Glassblowing or 1 plus year experience in glassblowing.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.