A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are offering a Devices & Consumables Innovation Engineer position within our Life Science hub in Molsheim (France) for the Biomonitoring business. You will apply solid mechanical engineering and material science expertise notably on plastic devices/consumables to conceptualize and design prototypes in a collaborative environment, develop and scale up assembly processes, and transfer products to manufacturing. Experience with plastic molding and injection molding is a plus. You have a strong innovative profile with the ability to generate products ideas and concepts to fill the products portfolio. In this role, you will contribute to product and manufacturing process validation of new products for use in Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Food & Beverage industries.
You will be a key member of the global Research & Development organization for the development of our BioMonitoring products in collaboration with marketing to convert user requirements into technical specifications. You will have to lead the technical part of internal and external partnerships in a multidisciplinary project team. You will perform product development by defining the concept, building and testing associated prototypes or test benches or tooling.
In order to meet the high-quality requirements of our products, you will prepare and review technical documentation, including reports such as intellectual property, product specifications, regulatory requirements.
This position is based in Molsheim. It requires to be fluent in English and being open to international travels.
Who You Are:
- B.Sc. in mechanical engineering or equivalent with more than 5 years of experience, or M.Sc. with more than 3 years of experience
- Creative to generate innovative concepts – experience in creativity methods (e.g. Design Thinking, customer focused development).
- Past experience in plastic molding/injection activities incl. design of injection molded parts, rapid prototyping and design for manufacturability of consumables
- Proficient in CAD software, experience with Modlflow and/or Multiphysics modeling is a plus
- English, ability to work with cross-disciplinary and multicultural teams.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com