A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Program Manager will plan, monitor and manage internal projects from initiation through completion. Manages projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs. Consult different parties within the organization on a broad range of business topics (Efficiency, Quality, Safety, Design Engineering, Automation Engineering). Create and at times deliver presentations at all levels of the organization (individual contributors up to and including executives). Create and maintain master program schedule with synchronized sub-project schedules, deliverables and timelines. Often leads projects with manageable risks and resource requirements or small teams, handles day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work. Mentor PM's on good project management principles.
- Applies advanced project management principles and leadership skills to the development of new processes and best practices for executing new product development programs.
- Ability and willingness to work in a cross-functional project environment.Ability to lead complex projects and deliver them to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to identify critical issues from varying points of view, balances risk-reward tradeoffs in decision-making, and takes timely action with consideration to organizational impact.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure or additional time, human resources, and funds and jeopardize future business activity.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Project Management education / training highly desirable.
- 7+ years of experience in project management in a matrix organization.
- Experience with a multi-project program environment.
- Experience coaching project manager.
- Operations experience and presenting to executive level audience.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.